Dear all,
I'm currently over the Atlantic, just south of Greenland. Yesterday was our last proper day in Slovakia. Today we had a 4am start to get to Vienna in time for our flight. I suppose the actual travel part always was the worst bit about travel!
So comes to an end another exciting period in our interesting life (if we do say so ourselves!). It's tempting here to say something glib like "OK, now back to real life". It occurred to me in the last few days, however, just how true the old cliché really is - life IS all about the journey.
With that in mind, I'm pretty satisfied that we made the most of our time in Slovakia, rather than seeing it as an obstacle preventing us from setting up in America. In fact, this job is really what will make all that possible, so I certainly have a lot to be grateful for.
So then, what to say about the last two months? Slovakia has been a real revelation for us. We went with no preconceptions, and were wowed at the beauty of the place and by the generosity of it's people.
Slovakia is mountains, is tradition, is family, is good food (& drink!).
I'd like to express my thanks to our new friends (and their families) who made it so special, Jitka & Martin, Lucia & Martin, Pavol & Vanda, Karin, & my opposite number Rob. I look forward to working with and keeping up with you all in the future.
Slovakia, out.
- Posted from my iPhone
Sunday, 7 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment